In the case of tomatoes for instance, when in season heirloom organics have much more intense flavour.
The difference is astounding.
With some other vegetables and grains there is no noticeable difference and the vegetables often are dried out and look pretty rough by the time they appear in the store.
Often the ingredients I choose are high quality by habit and you might not even notice the difference, such as natural vanilla beans instead of artificial essence, or organic raw cane sugar over granulated white.
With bread flour; did you know that there are more than 90 ingredients that millers add to the mix, mostly for “dough conditioning” but aren’t printed onto the ingredient label?
In this case the cost difference to use organic stone milled flour over supermarket brand only works out to pennies per loaf of bread anyway.
Finally with meats, which have a very costly jump in price to the organic level, I offer a premium upgrade for the client, at a cost of about $10 per person.
That way I can purchase direct from Smokey Creek Farms in Kenilworth or pick it up locally at the Healthy Butcher or the Village Butcher, all of which provide extremely tasty and tender meat; so why not get the best?
Unique Menu Items
- Homemade Artisan Breads and Yeast Free Sourdough
- Fresh-Baked Madeleine Cakes
- A la Minute Gourmet Ice Cream
- “Made at the Table” Wooden Bowl Caesar Salad
- Rainbow Frites
- "Arctic Waters" Seafood Bouillabaisse
- Coconut Shrimp Lollypops with Lychee nut dip
- Mini-Veal Burgers on Brioche Buns
- Braided Whole Beef Tenderloin
- Deep Fried Crispy Shallots
- Fresh Market Fish, baked in Banana Leaf
- Organic Chocolate retro-French pastry tasting menu
- Heirloom Tomatoes
- Organic Free Range Eggs
- Ontario Organic Beef, Lamb & Chicken
- Organic Produce & Fruit
- Natural Smoked Bacon
- Calebeaut Chocolate
- Soma Chocolatiere the Distillery District
- Amadei Chuo Chocolate